Credly supports single sign-on (SSO) using the Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) standard. Below find instructions on how to use LTI to allow users in a Canvas course to seamlessly login to their Credly account.
The LTI integration will:
- • automatically create new user accounts in Credly for your Canvas users
- • automatically sign users into Credly through Canvas
- • allow Canvas users with current Credly accounts to link the two for seamless login
1. Create a Credly app
2. Create the app within the Canvas course
Log into your Canvas instance with a user that has permissions to edit course settings and navigate to the settings page.
Click on the App tab, then View App Configurations as shown here:
Click Add App which should bring up a modal, change the Configuration Type to By URL as shown here:
The Name field can be anything you desire. Consumer Key and Consumer Secret should match your Credly app key and secret. The Config URL should be https://digitalme.credly.com/config/lti (Enterprise customers will receive a customized configuration file), which is also accessible from the My Apps page.
3. Understanding the My Credentials navigation item
Now when a user signs into your Canvas course, they will see My Credentials in the navigation. Clicking on this will authenticate you into credly.com (or the respective Enterprise site). If the Canvas user does not have a Credly account a new one will be created with the email address linked to their Canvas account.